This paleo kale caesar salad is so delicious that you’ll forget it’s good for you. It’s the homemade salad dressing that makes it so legit. And it’s super easy to make. The dressing is just a riff on homemade mayonaise, which you can whip up with an immersion blender in just minutes.
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup of avocado, safflower or light olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 6 anchovy filets or a tablespoon of anchovy paste
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 bunch of green kale chopped finely
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast
- Combine all ingredients except kale in a blender, food processor or immersion blender container.
- Blend until emulsified and fully combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Massage dressing into kale and let the salad sit for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with parmesean cheese (or nutritional yeast.) For a complete meal top it with chicken, avocado (or both!)
- Chop the kale into really small pieces. Kale leaves are tough so you don’t want to end up with a big chewy piece in your mouth.
- Massage the dressing into the kale at least 15 minutes before serving. The dressing will soften the leaves and make them more tender (although they’ll still maintain their crunch.)
- Sprinkle the salad with either Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast for a little cheesy savory “pop”.
[…] Caesar Salad Dressing – this recipe isn’t an “add in” but it uses the same technique as the basic mayo recipe. […]
[…] of your next “Meatless Monday” as a main course alongside a next-level salad such as a Kale Ceasar or 10-Minute Italian Chopped […]
[…] Paleo Kale Caesar Salad […]