This healthy Thai Larb Spicy Pork salad is bursting with Thai flavor from the chili peppers and fresh herbs. It’s paleo, keto and whole30 compliant.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 thai chili (or substitute Serano or Jalepeno pepper)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil (Thai basil preferred), finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint, finely chopped
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. When hot, but not smoking, toss in the shallots, mushrooms, carrots, ground pork, and the garlic. Season the pork with salt and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring and breaking up the meat often, until the pork is cooked through, about 7-10 minutes.
- Drain off excess fat (if necessary) and add the thai chiles, fish sauce and lime juice. Saute for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the fresh herbs, remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Serve in lettuce cups or over a bed of greens topped with more freshly chopped cilantro, mint and basil.
Try serving with a side of sliced cucumber, onions, and a wedge of lime. A side of avocado would also be delicious.
In the photo I also included some fresh corn, sauteed with a little bit of ginger.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: recipe
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: thai larb salad, spicy pork salad, Thai recipe, Thai salad, Whole30 salad, Paleo salad