This easy cheesy corn casserole is a no fail recipe that’s perfect for the holidays but easy enough for a weeknight dinner.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 of a medium onion, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 package Jiffy cornbread mix
- 4 oz chopped green chile (or one diced Jalapeño)
- 1 15–ounce can corn niblets
- 1 15–ounce can creamed corn
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Saute onions in butter for 5 minutes.
- Add chiles (if desired) and sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Add vegetable mixture to large bowl and combine with remaining ingredients (eggs through sour cream).
- Pour mixture in to greased 9 x 9 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40 – 45 minutes lightly browned.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
- I used cheddar but you can substitute your favorite cheese of choice.
- You can also control the heat/spiciness by your choice of pepper. A 4-ounce can of green chiles or a chopped bell pepper will be mild. A chopped poblano or Jalapeno will be spicer. In Colorado, we are lucky to have access to freshly roasted green hatch chiles, which also work beautifully.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: corn casserole, corn souffle, corn pudding, corn, casserole, Thanksgiving