Creamy ravioli with spring vegetables is a delicious vegetarian recipe that will make your taste buds dance with joy. This dish is perfect for those who are looking for a quick and easy meal that’s packed with flavor and nutrients.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 package cheese ravioli
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- (optional) chopped fresh herbs (sage, basil, parsley, chives) to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add panko and 1 clove of garlic and cook, stirring often, until breadcrumbs are golden (about 3 minutes.) Season with salt and pepper set aside in a small bowl. Wipe out skillet.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in skillet. Add spinach and cook until wilted (about 3 minutes.) Transfer to a strainer and press out any excess liquid. Then transfer to a cutting board and chop (or chop it in the bowl using kitchen scissors.) Combine the spinach and peas in a bowl. Wipe out the skillet.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook ravioli according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water and drain the ravioli.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of butter in the skillet. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until frafrant. Add cream and 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water and bring to a simmer. Add the cheese and stir until combined (about 1 minute). Add the spinach and peas along with the cooked ravioli. Cook over low heat for about two minutes until the sauce is thickened. If the mixture gets too thick, add additional pasta water.
- Divide the ravioli among bowls and top with the toasted panko.
- Garnish with fresh herbs as desired.
- You can use any kind of packaged or frozen ravioli in this recipe. Or you can substitute tortellini.
- I sometimes add mushrooms and asparagus to this. Just saute them along with the spinach.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: recipe
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 360
- Sugar: 7 grams
- Sodium: 736 mg
- Fat: 23 g
- Saturated Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 68 mg
Keywords: pasta, ravioli, vegetarian, vegetable ravioli, creamy ravioli, peas, spinach, spring vegetables