Say goodbye to mushy eggplant. This Easy Cheesy Sheet Pan Eggplant Parmesan ensures that every bite is the perfect mix of crunchy, saucy and cheesy goodness!
- 2 medium eggplants, sliced into 1/2 in rounds
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 8 ounces fresh mozarella sliced, or shredded mozzarella (or a combo)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or pesto sauce
- Place cut eggplant slices on a paper towel lined cookie sheet and lightly sprinkle with salt. Let them sit for at least 15 minutes (longer is better) to release excess water.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Remove eggplant slices from paper towels and pat dry.
- In a small shallow bowl, mix breadcrumbs, half of the Parmesan cheese (1/8 cup) and Italian seasoning.
- In a second bowl, lightly beat two eggs until fully combined.
- Dredge each slice of eggplant in the egg (flipping over to ensure it’s fully coated) and then immediately dredge it the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure it’s fully covered. Arrange on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Bake eggplant for 15 minutes. Flip it over and bake another 15 minutes.
- Remove eggplant from oven and top each eggplant slice with a tablespoon of marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and an (optional) dollop of pesto.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake (or broil) until the cheese is melted and bubbly (about 10 minutes).
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil and serve extra marinara sauce on the side.
If you’re looking for a gluten-free version of this recipe, there’s a really good one in The Whole Smiths Real Food Every Day cookbook.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: recipe
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: eggplant, eggplant parmesan, keto, vegetarian, baked eggplant, sheet pan meal