If you love buffalo chicken, Buffalo Chicken Chili is going to be your new favorite soup. It’s a hearty buffalo chicken wing flavor fest!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 14.5 ounce can pinto beans or white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup Buffalo sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 ounces cream cheese or 3 ounces full fat coconut milk or coconut cream
- salt and pepper
- (optional) Toppings: chopped celery, blue cheese, green onions, chopped parsley or cilantro, shredded cheese, fire roasted corn or tortilla chips.
- Using the saute function, heat olive oil and add onion and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally until softened (7 – 8 minutes)
- Add garlic, chili powder, salt & pepper and stir until spices are toasted (1 – 2 minutes)
- Add beans, tomatoes, chicken broth and buffalo sauce. Make sure chicken breasts are fully submerged in the liquid.
- Set slow cooker to high and cook for 6 hours.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken breasts. Add the cream cheese (or coconut milk/cream) and stir until well combined.
- Add toppings of your choice.
- Follow steps 1 – 3 above using a heavy pot with a lid.
- Simmer on low for 2 hours until chicken is falling apart and easy to shred.
- Add cream cheese and toppings if desired.
- Topping ideas: chopped celery, blue cheese, green onions, chopped parsley or cilantro, shredded cheese, fire roasted corn or tortilla chips.
- Dairy free option: You can substitute 1/4 cup of full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream for the cream cheese to make this recipe dairy free. Or use dairy-free cream cheese.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Category: recipe
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: soup, easy soup, soup recipe, buffalo chicken, buffalo chicken soup, crockpot, slow cooker, instant pot