Just a few ingredients will make this Shrimp Salad with Herb Dressing your favorite go-to meal. And there are handy shortcuts if you need to make it FAST. This recipe is Whole30 compliant, keto, paleo, sugar-free and gluten-free.
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 pound fresh (or defrosted) peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups salad greens (spring mix, romaine, spinach, kale, arugula, or a mix)
- 3 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1 cup English cucumber, sliced or diced
- 1/3 cup radishes, sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, chopped
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2/3 cup fresh basil
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 4 tablespoons fresh mint
- 2 green onions
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar, agave or monkfruit sweetener
- salt and pepper
- A few ounces of water to obtain desired consistency
- Heat a skillet or grill pan to medium high. Add olive oil and shrimp and cook 3-5 minutes until shrimp is no longer pink. Set aside to cool slightly and then chop shrimp in to 1/2 inch pieces.
- Place the greens in a bowl, platter or storage container.
- Add the red onion, cucumber, radishes, tomatoes, avocado and shrimp on top of the greens.
- To make the dressing: combine basil, cilantro, mint, scallion, lime juice, olive oil and sweetener in a blender and blend well. Add a few tablespoons of water if mixture seems too thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the dressing on the side, or toss it all together before serving.
Serves 2-4 depending on how hungry you are, but can easily be doubled or tripled
To save time, buy pre-cooked shrimp and skip step #1.
You can substitute pre-cooked chicken for the shrimp.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: recipe
- Method: salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: seafood, shrimp, shrimp salad, meal prep, seafood salad, herb dressing