This Tuscan kale salad recipe is just like what you’ll find at a North Italia restaurant. The chopped kale is mixed with garlic breadcrumbs, crisp slivered apples, charred grapes, crispy pancetta, pistachios, tiny cubes of pecorino cheese and then tossed in a lemon parmesan vinaigrette. You get the perfect mix of salty sweet and savory in every bite.
FOR THE KALE SALAD
- 1 – 2 bunches curly kale, stems removed and chopped
- toasted garlic breadcrumbs
- 4 ounces pancetta or bacon
- 1 apple, chopped
- 2 cups seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup pecorino cheese, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Chop kale, apples, pecorino cheese and pistachios. Add to bowl.
- Slice grapes in half and add to kale mixture.
- Cook pancetta over medium high heat until crispy. Use a slotted spoon to transfer it to the salad bowl.
- Add toasted breadcrumbs.
FOR THE DRESSING:
- Start with the juice of two lemons
- Whisk in Dijon mustard, garlic, and olive oil until mixture is creamy.
- Add grated Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Add to salad before serving and toss well.