The ultimate meal prep recipe, keep this Keto Crustless Quiche in the freezer for a healthy grab and go breakfast when you’re pressed for time. This recipe is sugar-free, gluten-free, paleo, Whole30 and keto.
- 12 eggs (ideally pasture raised)
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms*
- 2 cups baby spinach*
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- avocado oil or coconut oil spray
- 4 ounces cooked chopped bacon (or substitute sausage)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place muffin liners into a 12-cup muffin tin. Lightly grease the liners with avocado or coconut oil spray.
- In a large bowl or blender, combine eggs with coconut milk, salt, pepper and brewers yeast.
- In a small frying pan, sautee shallot and mushrooms in ghee for approximately 5 minutes until soft. Add spinach and stir until wilted. Mix in chopped bacon.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of the bacon and vegetable mixture to each muffin tin. Top with the egg mixture so that each compartment is 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the centers are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle of each egg cup comes out clean.
- Allow the egg cups to cool in the pan for 20 minutes and then release them to a cooling rack.
- Serve immediately or let them cool to room temperature before storing.
*Feel free to substitute other vegetables.
Store the cooked egg cups in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three days. To reheat, place them on a baking sheet and heat for 5 – 7 minutes in a 400F oven until hot. Or pop them in the microwave for a minute.
Freeze the egg cups in a single layer on a baking sheet covered with plastic wrap for 4 hours. Then transfer the frozen nuggets to an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: recipe
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: quiche, crustless quiche, egg cup, keto, whole30