Creamy frozen yogurt bark is a protein-packed treat that everyone will love. It’s made with just a few pantry staple ingredients and it’s infinitely customizable based on the toppings that you choose.
- 1 cup full-fat yogurt
- 1/8 cup maple syrup (honey or other liquid sweetener), more as desired
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch fine sea salt
Add-Ins (choose the ones you like best or use them all)
- berries (blueberries, strawberries and/or raspberries)
- sliced cherries
- sliced bananas
- 1–2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Sprinkle of granola
- Sprinkle of shredded coconut
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and sea salt until combined. Adjust sweetener as desired (see note)
- Pour the mixture onto the lined baking sheet and spread it as evenly as possible, using a spatula, roughly 1/4″ thick
- Scatter the add-ins evenly across the yogurt mixture and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
- Freeze until firm, at minimum 3 hours.
- Once frozen completely, you can cut or break the bark into pieces.
- Keep in the freezer until ready to serve. Store in an airtight container or reusable bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- You can use traditional or greek yogurt. I’m partial to the organic grass-fed cream-topped yogurt from Kalona Supernatural. The recipe calls for unsweetened yogurt, but you can substitute vanilla or even flavored yogurt; just omit the sweetener. You could also substitute a dairy-free yogurt to make the recipe vegan.
- Thawing: Remove the bark from the freezer just before serving, and allow to sit for a few minutes before serving.
- Sweetness: If you want the bark sweeter, you can increase the amount of honey or maple syrup you use by 1-2 tablespoons.
- Thickness: Ideally you’ll spread the mixture about 1/4” thick and as evenly as possible. I like to use a smaller “toaster oven sized” rimmed pan for this so you can push it edge to edge.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Category: recipe
- Method: frozen
Keywords: yogurt bark, frozen yogurt, dessert, creamy frozen yogurt bark, sweet treat